I'M INTERESTED!Begin Application Process.
The internship exists to further the mission of CrossPurpose, provide a hands-on transformational growth experience and foster a foundational understanding of urban ministry.
THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Each summer, CrossPurpose offers college students an opportunity to use their gifts for the local church through an internship program focused on urban education and practical ministry experience. Our interns live and work among the CrossPurpose staff, volunteers, and families.
ORIENTATION AND TRAINING
At CrossPurpose, we are committed to training and equipping you for every aspect of their work. We want to train you in urban issues, racial reconciliation, Christian community development, leadership, and character development.
The internship is a 10-week summer program. Orientation generally begins on the weekend of Memorial Day and the program concludes the first weekend of August.
You will meet weekly for a time of teaching from our staff and many urban ministry leaders. In addition, you will meet regularly in small groups for a time of accountability, prayer and study.
Summer interns must raise personal support to cover the cost of service. The entire cost of the program is $2000. This includes meals, lodging, expenses and public transportation. Lodging is with a church family or church residence. Low income students can apply for a scholarship to cover the cost.
With the help of CrossPurpose Center, you will learn to seek out other believers, explain to them what you are about to do, and ask them to partner with you either prayerfully or financially.
All applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for the internship program:
- Have a strong desire to engage and work in an urban ministry setting.
- Be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Be willing to live in the housing provided.
In addition, interns should…
- Be spiritually, emotionally and socially mature
- Work well as part of a larger team — a “team player”
- Be flexible and have a positive attitude
- Be prepared to be challenged on many levels
- Have a strong desire to grow in their knowledge of God and their commitment and service to Him.
Intern Responsibilities and Expectations
- Actively participate in all orientation, training and debriefing activities
- Faithfully fulfill all responsibilities
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Actively participate in their discipleship group
- Attend Providence Bible Church weekly throughout the Summer
- Actively seek to build relationships within the community